Position Title: Information Assurance/Information Management Technician
Position Type: Full time Exempt
Job Location: Ft. Eustis, VA
Job Summary: Installs new software releases and system upgrades. Evaluates and installs patches, resolves software-related problems, and performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configurations to ensure data integrity. Assists with the daily activities of configuration and the operation of business systems which may be mainframe, mini-, or client/server-based. Will create security documentation for the required phases of software development process and have a working knowledge or at a minimum have a basis to learn the processes to complete and submit all necessary documentation for Certificate of Networthiness, DIACAP, RMF, Notifications of Change, security audits and compliance, IT review board change requests and other required Department of Defense IT system documentation.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- -Meets certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 or at a minimum be able to meet those requirements within 6 months of the date of hire
- -Determines DISA’s enterprise information assurance and security standards and applicability to SOMPE software products and mission planning environments.
- -Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- -Coordinates, develops, and evaluates organization security program.
- -Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ information systems.
- -Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- -Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon DISA and USSOCOM standards.
- -Informs government and commercial software developers on DISA’s Security Technical Implementation Guides.
- -Performs analysis, and informal security evaluation on software during all phases of development. Analyzes results and using information assurance knowledge recommends fixes.
- -Candidates must, at a minimum, possess a SECRET security clearance.
- -Three (3) years’ experience using Windows-based operating systems.
- -Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 and Server 2008R2.
- -Working knowledge of Microsoft’s PowerShell, Windows Server 2012 and 2012R2, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and DoD 8500.2 Information Assurance
Education and Experience:
- -Must possess a B.A. /B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent technical training and experience, with 3 or more years of related experience.
- -Experience in the development of mission planning software or other software and the application of the DIACAP process is desired.
- -Minimum of 10 years of experience working in Special Operations Aviation and Special Operations Forces is highly desirable.
- -Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a program management office is highly desirable.
Kokua will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our Human Resources Department.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at:
Kokua Support Services Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, and veteran status.