Position Title: Controller
Position Type: Full time, Exempt
Job Location: Newport News, VA
The Controller is responsible for the finance and accounting activities in the company. The Controller must have a working knowledge and understanding of Government Cost Accounting Systems and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DFAR, Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), and knowledge of SCA contracts.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- -Prepare periodic cash flow projection spreadsheet for management planning.
- -Reconcile general ledgers, bank accounts and line of credit.
- -Prepare monthly financial statement and month end closing.
- -Manage accounts receivable and enter payments and deposits into Deltek GCS Premier.
- -Process all government customers’ invoices, track payments on-line and enter into government financial system (WAWF).
- -Coordinate with government customers (DFAS) to ensure timely payment on invoices.
- -Prepare financial data on quarterly tax and annual tax returns on multistate accounts for the CPA.
- -Maintain confidentiality concerning personnel records, financial records, and other company documents.
- -Adhere and implement the company’s accounting policies and procedures to comply with DCAA, FAR and DFAR.
- -Assure corporate income tax compliance and acquire business license requirement for different states as needed.
- -Process employees’ payroll, deductions, benefits, and prepare reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- -Prepare 401K contribution and company match.
- -Assist in developing pricing inputs for proposals for firm fixed price, cost plus and time and material contracts.
- -Establish and maintain contract information in Deltek for billing, cost tracking purposes, budgeting and forecasting support.
- -Develop parent company accounting transactions.
- -Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position include:
- -Experience with government billing system.
- -Ability to understand various types of contracts such as Time and Material (T&M), Fixed Price and Cost Plus.
- -Self-motivated with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- -Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Deltek accounting system.
- -Experience with internal and external audits.
- -Ability to multi-task, adjust priorities and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- -Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- -Strong ethical conduct and professional credibility.
Education and Experience:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent. Ten years of hands-on accounting experience.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at:
Kokua Support Services Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Kokua will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our Human Resources Department.