Position Title: General Clerk III
Position Type: Full time, Non-Exempt
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
The General Clerk III must have a working knowledge and understanding of Department of Defense and U.S. Navy accounting policies and procedures. This position requires experience working with Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) and travel orders. The General Clerk III will need to have excellent communication skills, be customer service oriented, and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Additionally, this person should be self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- -Type reports and other miscellaneous correspondence, open mail, perform data entry into the auditing system (PPTAS), batch and assemble claims packages for audits, and perform research using various systems.
- -Field and respond to customer inquiries received via phone, fax, email, answering system or written correspondence.
- -Maintain all case files, active and completed. Prepare and forward correspondence for un-collectables to Defense Finance and Accounting Service, notification correspondence to member, and/or requesting service members.
- -Generate correspondence and follow up on issues with customers.
- -Follow all standard operating procedures within the division and be diligent in safeguarding privacy act information of customers
- -Assist the Consolidated Personal Property Shipping Office with managing the aged invoice process by performing document research, extracting documentation from various systems, communicating with vendors, preparing invoices and assembled packets.
- -Other duties as required by Contract or as assigned.
Requirements for the position include:
- -Must possess general knowledge of the Joint Federal Travel Regulations, NAVSUP Publication 490, an array of transportation functional areas, and Navy travel orders.
Education and Experience:
- -High School diploma or GED
- -Possess a minimum of four (4) years administrative experience, with at least two (2) years in a Navy or Marine Corps environment preferred.
- -Experience with Household Goods/Personal Property moves preferred.
- -Proficient in the use of a computer and printer, to include ability to conduct internet research.
- -Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at:
Kokua Support Services Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Kokua will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our Human Resources Department.
V3 Certified Company