Kokua Support Services is currently seeking an accomplished Business Development Director to assist with the company’s future growth.
Position Title: Business Development Director
Job Location: Corporate Office at Newport News, VA
Job Description: The Business Development Director will provide short and long-term opportunities to optimize the company’s growth and profitability. This position would also direct, establish, maintain and plan the overall business development effort. The Business Development Director will be responsible for identifying and qualifying new business development opportunities with Federal/State Government and DoD agencies, and overseeing the capture management and proposal management process.
- Analyze market conditions and industry trends by implementing strategic planning, capture management and forecasting to optimize the company’s growth and profitability.
- Identify and foster new business teaming partnerships and new customers based on strong networking relationships.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of a strong pipeline of new clients and short term, mid-term and long-term opportunities to accomplish goals and objectives that are aligned with company strategic goals.
- Prepare and present go/no-go decision recommendations to executive management.
- Perform the full spectrum of Capture Management activities, including research and analysis, solution development, teaming strategies, win theme/discriminator development, etc.
- Ability to fill the role of an effective Proposal Manager, and be able to collaborate with other staff to execute completion of tasks/proposals in a timely manner.
- Travel in search of new opportunities to meet the company’s goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree with six or more years’ experience in business development.
- Capture management experience.
- Proposal manager experience preferred.
- Familiar with DoD organizations and missions, and business concepts, practices and procedures.
- Familiar with Shipley bid and proposal process.
- Familiar with GovWin and FedBizOpps
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
Kokua will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our Human Resources Department.
Interested Applicants should click the link below to apply:
Kokua Support Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.