Position Title: AFMS Instructor/Facilitator
Position Type: Full time, Non-Exempt
Job Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
The AFMS Instructor/Facilitator will provide in-depth, cost-effective, Force Management (FM) and Strategic Leadership education and training to both military and civilian personnel and institutions assigned within DoD.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- -Provide instructional support for all academic areas for Core subject matter.
- -Present comprehensive, cost effective education and training.
- -Provide support to attain and retain the following accreditations: Army Accreditation by TRADOC, COE and ACE to ensure AFMS educational programs are in compliance with all accreditation standards, governances, regulations, and policies.
- -Provide support to maintain compliance with Army Learning Concepts for Training and Education (ALC-TE) requirements and provide registration support to AFMS.
- -Provide the USAFMS with training development and instructional support for both core and noncore subject matter.
Requirements for the position include:
- -Active Secret Clearance required.
- -Instructors / Facilitators shall already possess and or gain the following certifications within the specified timelines: (1) Systems Approach to Training (SAT) within first 90 days; (2) Faculty Development Plan (FDP) 1 (within first 90 days) and 3 (within first year); (3) Army Profession and Ethic Trainer Course within first 180 days; and (4) Intermediate Facilitation Skills Course (IFSC) per availability.
- -The USAFMS provides a certification program to provide, oversee, and continuously improve the application of quality for instructor skills and adult instructional techniques. The USAFMS Instructor Certification Program provides evidence of each instructor’s credentials satisfying these standards. For candidates to be afforded the privilege to Instruct / and or Facilitate USAFMS courses in their technical areas of expertise, they must become certified instructors through the USAFMS certification process.
- -Instructors / Facilitators must remain relevant and current in the following characteristics: (1) Mastery of Subject Matter; (2) Teaching Performance; (3) Evaluation of Student Learning; (4) Participation in the AFMS Program Activities; (5) Contribution to the Growth and Enhancement of the USAFMS mission and programs.
- -Instructors / Facilitators must remain current in academic areas of responsibility. “Remaining current” is defined as: (1) engaging with functional proponents or the HQDA or supported agency staff at least one meeting per month; (2) participating in conferences and management forums relevant to their AFMS instruction area(s); (3) conducting non-instructional presentations, participating in SLOC, contributing articles to the AFMS quarterly newsletter, preparing information papers and/or completing related research and/or analysis as directed by the USAFMS DOA; (4) participating as a guest speaker on forums to provide Force Management insight relevant to national and international organizations as directed by the USAFMS Commandant.
- -Instructor / Facilitator Desired Competencies. The certification process is built upon the following set of instructor competencies that are selected from a validated list of the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) competencies: (1) Application of Adult Learning; (2) Communication Skills; (3) Facilitation Skills; (4) Positive Behavior Modeling Skills; (5) Classroom Management; (6) Subject Matter Expertise.
Education and Experience:
- -S. accredited Masters of Science or Arts / U.S. accredited Bachelors of Science or Arts
- -Graduate of HTARC or FA50Q Course
- -Graduate of CGSC or ILE if former military officer or Commensurate Professional Military Education
- -Five to seven years’ experience in FM related processes and systems in an Army or DoD organization.
- -Three to five years teaching FM related processes and systems in an Army or DoD organization.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at:
Kokua Support Services Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Kokua will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our Human Resources Department.